Earlier Conferences 1992-2002
PRSA Conferences: The First Decade
The Puerto Rican Studies Association was founded in 1992 and held its first Biennial Conference two years later. Below is a list of the dates and locations of PRSA’s conferences during the organization’s first decade.
- Founding Conference: September 18-20, 1992, White Plains, New York
- 1994 Conference: Waltham, Massachusetts
- 1996 Conference: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 1998 Conference: Brooklyn College, CUNY
- 2000 Conference: Amherst, Massachusetts
- 2002 Conference: Chicago, Illinois
One of the aims of this new website is to document the history of the Puerto Rican Studies Association and, more broadly, of the field of Puerto Rican Studies.
If you were part of PRSA’s early leadership, or attended any of these conferences and have copies of documents or photos of the conferences and other PRSA events, please consider sharing those documents and photos with us. We can make arrangements to digitize them for possible inclusion on this website.
Just let us know by sending a message using the form found on the “Contact Us” page, which you can access by using the dynamic menu found near the top of this page.